Friday, September 11, 2009

Summertime Blues

It's been awhile since my last blog. The kids are out of school now. I have a feeling this is the summer that David and Rosalie learn the sore lesson that I am not responsible for their entertainment. They have been told this since each was old enough to complain about not having anything to do. It's not like there is absolutely nothing to do during this summer. I'm trying to figure out where we can go for a vacation. Driving west to LA, then up to Seattle via Sequoia National Forest and Yosemite sounds like a plan to me. There are lots of interesting places to stop along the way. On the trip home I would like to go through Yellowstone National Park, then Utah. Sharon says it's incredibly beautiful. We don't have to get back by a certain time since Merwyn is retired now. It's the money he's worried about. That's why I'm going to sit down with him to see for myself. I don't trust him when he says we can't afford something. I need to know what is going on with our money anyway. Maybe we'll meet Captain Phil or other DC members in Seattle while we're there.
Someone else I want to see if we make it there is an old friend who lived on my block in Chicago when we were kids. She was Michele Mortimer, now Doyle. She, her husband, and family live on a nice plot of land around the Seattle area. I found her on Facebook, and they look very happy. I couldn't be happier for her.
In LA I will finally get to meet Jennie in person. She and I met on the DJMB a few years ago, and have been friends ever since. It's funny, she and I are good friends, yet aside from not having met in person, we have not even spoken on the phone. And that's okay with me right now. I don't feel it's necessary. She doesn't either, otherwise Jen would have said something about it. She will tell you what she's really thinking; there are no guessing games with her. I can't wait to meet her, husband Ian, and their furry children. If in LA, the first "hollywood" place I would want to go to is a restaurant called, "Musso and Frank's." This place was there during the golden age of hollywood. It was a favorite haunt of a number of huge movie stars. After that maybe Mann's Chinese Theater, then I don't really care. I'm more interested in seeing the absolute beauty of California. Spending time in Napa Valley sounds intriguing too.
As for other summer activities, I promised myself that I would get the kids swimming lessons this year. They need to learn.I knew how at 7 years old. I'm also going to look and see if there is such a thing as bike riding lessons. We waited so long to get them bikes that they both are too heavy to hang on to the bike while they get used to it. I feel like a bad Mom. I should have not listened to Merwyn. If it was up to him we would do absolutely nothing in our lives. The four of us would sit at home in front of the tv or pc all day long. He likes to live with his head up his ass. Not me. Not the kids. If that's what he wants, he can stay home. Me and the kids will go. We want to have a life. He doesn't. Since his declaration that he never wanted to get married, and my having had enough of his sweeping problems under the rug and not dealing with them, and punishing me for trying to get him to deal with it, I'm having a real hard time feeling any desire for him at all. Before all this I was still in love with him. I still wanted him, sexually. Not anymore. I've been praying to God to get them back. He is in the business of raising the dead, ya know. If they don't come back, I don't know what I'll do. Maybe a vacation will help.
Just noticed the time. DC is on; gotta go. Until next time.......................

No comments:

Post a Comment